Friday, February 5, 2010

False Labor, Stress and Cold Weather

It's been a very long and somewhat stressful week in the Welte household. I had a doctor's appointment on Monday and have been experiencing some cramping so they hooked me up to a fetal monitor and sure enough I was having contractions about every 10 minutes. They checked my cervix and I wasn't dialted so they sent me home to be on "watch". The cramps increased over the last few days so I called yesterday to head back in. They went ahead and told me just to go to the hospital, so Brody and I went yesterday - a very nervous drive there!!! Turns out nothing had changed, still no dilation. They gave me a shot for the cramping and told me that the baby looked good and that the cramping is probably just my body getting ready! Soooo despite what a lot of other moms have experienced, my cramping doesn't seem to be labor, but just an annoying companion of mine these days!

It still could happen I guess at any time, so my bags are packed and we are ready - I am not going back to the hospital though until I am 100% sure that Baby Welte is coming.

Business has slowed for everyone in FL. The tourist season is supposed to be in full swing now, but with the weather people have chose to not come, or aren't doing any outdoor activities. It's definetly trying for our not yet year old business, but we are hanging in there trying to settle everything for when I am out of commission for a few weeks. We need to find some help with our shop, lessons, etc. Add to all that and our computer crashed. Thank goodness we had it backed-up (we still lost about a week of work) but it could have been worse. So we had to buy a new computer last week and try to redeem all our files. It's so amazing how dependant your lives become on technology!!!

We had our Manatee Paddle last Sunday which was fun, but FREEZING. Manatee can only survive in water that is 70 degrees or higher so they head over to the Tampa Electric Company in the winter. The power plant heats up the water and there are hundreds of them hanging out - it's really cool.





1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! Cannot wait to hear when he/she is coming for real!
    Love the Manatee pics! They are so cool!

    Kristie

    ReplyDelete