Saturday, June 4, 2011

outdoor fun.

The seasons have changed.  The humidity is back, the air is thick, and the sun is strong.  The hot Florida summer has officially arrived in St. Pete and while business is picking up, I long for hawaiian breezes and milder temperatures!

Jonah doesn't seem to notice the climb in temperatures, I guess he is a true "Floridian" because it doesn't seem to bother him as he pretty much begs to be outside 24/7. 

My little man is FULL of energy these days and I spend a lot of my time running about trying to entertain the poor guy!  We joined the YMCA and have spent some afternoons at the pool recently - it's indoors!!!  One of the reasons I joined, since Jonah does seem to worship the sun, he doesn't like hats or sunglasses (not good for a fair skinned baby!).  I figured an indoor pool would be best for him - he'll thank me one day!  We may not be tan at the end of the summer, but we'll hopefully avoid some skin cancer :).  I also signed up Jonah for swim lessons!  We have only had one class so we will see how it goes.  He wasn't really into it the first time, he much rather prefered playing in the water than "reaching and kicking".  He may be a little too young, but I really want him to learn to swim ASAP or at least float...the number one death for children under the age of 5 in Florida is drownings.

I have also started taking him to an open gym at a local gymnastics place.  He loves it!  He runs on the trampolines, takes dives in the foam pit and army crawls through the tunnels!  There is no flash photography there so I haven't taken any pictures, but maybe I'll try to sneak our smaller digital camera in next week - it's too cute!

Ok lots of talking talking.  Here are some recent pictures from this weekend. 

Our backyard - we love it!  Jonah spends a lot of time out here getting dirty and I mean dirty!  Bath time is now a multi-daily occurance in our house.

I just loved his face here.

Finally getting some hair!  I tried to give him a baby mohawk.

We went to our first birthday party today, my friend Tracy's son Matthew.  He had it at a putt-putt course.  And of course only in Florida, there were live gators!!  Here Jonah is taking a peek.

You could buy hotdogs and feed them to the gators via a fishing pole.  Yes, only in Florida.

We are pretty much OBSESSED with balls lately so the many golf balls around the course more than entertained him.  He loved it, not sure the kids loved it when the ball bandit kept stealing their holes in one!

No comments:

Post a Comment