Friday, February 4, 2011

the happiest place on earth.

Ok I have to admit, I drank the disney cool-aid.  I would move in if I could.  And Jonah inherited my love for theme parks.  He was beyond good for his first trip to an amusement park and his first trip was the King of all parks - the Magic Kingdom!

We went mainly because Brody's brother's family was in Orlando visiting Disney for the week.  We thought we could visit with them - why not go??  Yes it was expensive - I mean they make a killing at these parks.  Between parking, food, souveiners, and the park tickets, I could have paid for Jonah's first year of college.  That said - I'd do it again today. 

Jonah loved every minute.  He ran around like a crazy person ( I definetly recommend Disney trips in January/February  mid-week).  No lines, few crowds, mild weather.  He went on a few rides - Small World, Peter Pan and Buzz Lightyear.  He got (and actually wore) Mickey ears.  He watched the parade and fireworks.  He didn't fuss, even though he didn't nap ALL day.  He watched the Pirates of the Caribbean show.  He drank lots of water out of his sippy cup (yay!  I am excited he is liking the sippy cup, because he is almost a year and that means no more bottles!!). 

AND the best part of the day - he LOVED LOVED LOVED the characters.  As I previously mentioned, Brody assumed we'd have a screaming scared baby on our hands, but Jonah knew better.  It was hilarous how much he liked them.  You have to wait in line to get your picture taken with one and Jonah would run from the back of the line to the front with open arms toward them.  Disney could have made a commercial out of his reactions.  But if you know my son, you know his affections for a certain mouse.  Mickey was the highlight of the day.  He gave him kisses, hugs and it warmed my heart so much!

Just arrived!!
He actually wore his Mickey ears...



Best reaction ever!!!

Giving Minnie kisses...


I think one of Jonah's favorite parts of the day was the wide open spaces....he ran around everywhere!

BIG fan of Tigger too!  He's never seen Winnie the Pooh, but that didn't stop him from spreading the love...



Jonah with Cousin Owen!

Donald Duck!  Donald was the first character we saw...and to our surprise no tears, just smiles!

All day I wished Lilly and Isabelle were with me!  Princess' definetly rule this place, Lilly would have been in heaven!

One of the best parts of the day was spending it with Dad!  No emails, no phone calls, no paddle boards - it was GREAT!


With arms wide open.



We were asleep for Buzz.

Goofy was our last character we saw!


So yes, maybe taking an 11-month old to Disney is a bit ridiculous since he won't remember, but I will.  And it was one of the best days.  I will never forget his joy.  It really is the happiest place on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment