Friday, August 13, 2010

studs.

I am lucky enough to be blessed with two studs in my life. The first is my husband of close to 5 years. Why is he a stud one might ask? Well I'll be honest, most days I wouldn't necessarily refer to him as a stud (especially when he hasn't taken the garbage out) but today a stud he is indeed.

Brody paddled 28 miles today around the island of Manhattan. 28 miles! An event benefitting children with Autism, some of the top paddlers competed. Longer than a marathon and much harder as you are battling wind/current/waves, etc it was not an easy feat. Not only did he finish in just 4 hours 37 minutes but he came in 2nd place!! I am very proud of him!!! So you see I am definetly married to a stud today, whether he has taken the trash out or not.


Brody before the paddle - I have no "after" photos, which may not be a bad thing considering his exact words when I talked to him were - "I am a mess."

The other stud in my life is a lot cuter (sorry Brody) and a lot smaller. He hasn't paddled 28 miles yet, but I think he could crawl them! That's right my little 5 month old, chunky as I call him, is crawling. Baby proofing is going to happen a little early in the Welte house as Jonah is all over the place. And boy does crawling make him happy. It's as if he's been trapped and finally set free. The second you put him on the ground he's off. Now it is still a tummy to the ground crawl, but he is beginning to lift those knees so I am confident that before long he will be a full on crawling machine. I am proud and devastated at the same time. While I am so happy that he is growing and learning, I am so sad that my little baby is already mobile. My sweet boy who I just gave birth too is already trying to leap out of my arms to explore the world. And while I want to try to stop him and hug on him forever, I know that this is only the first of many times I will have to let him go on his studly way.


My baby is starting to grow some hair!!


Seriously, could he get any cuter? (I love his bug eyes)


Crawling over and under everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment