Wednesday, August 18, 2010

forecast.

This is my second summer in FL and as I sit INSIDE on a beautiful sunny day (if you were to go outside you'd be a sweaty mess in about 4 minutes), I can't help but remember/miss (a lot) San Diego. For those of you that know me, you know I was never a huge fan of Southern California. When I lived there I was homesick for the south and missed my friends and family back East.

While I do get to see them all a lot more often now, I have to say the "sunshine tax" that you pay to live in CA is kind of worth it. I can't be outside long. I can't take Jonah for a walk unless it is 6a.m. and even then we both end up hot and hotter. The dogs can never get a good run in because after about 5 minutes at the park, they are a panting mess. You can set your AC to as cool as you like and it is still HOT in your house. And don't think a dip in the Ocean will refresh you. The Gulf of Mexico is a balmy 92 degrees. It's like going for a run and then cooling off in a hot tub.

So as I sit inside today, I am very nostalgic for the following: Swamis Cafe on the 101, Del Mar Dog Beach, Station Sushi, Iron Mountain, the cool Pacific, good Mexican tacos, Pacific Beach people watching, Del Mar horse betting, happy hour with my Santaluz girls, hiking, no humidity, no bugs, light breeze, mild temperatures, sunshine that kisses your skin not scorches it and most of all the ability to spend the ENTIRE day outside.







Missing San Diego today....

No comments:

Post a Comment