Thursday, March 4, 2010

Jonah Alexander Welte

Baby Welte is a boy! And yes, he was a big boy!

I gave birth yesterday to a beautiful health boy. The labor process was not a pleasant one (not that any really are) but Jonah was large for me and I had a very hard time pushing him out - 3 1/2 hours - to be exact. I diatated fast and everyone involved thought that he was going to just pop right out, but he got stuck in the birth canal and it took a lot longer to get him out. They actually tried a vacuum suction which didn't work, but left the poor guy with a not so nice bruise on his head!

I managed OK, it definetly was the hardest thing I have EVER done. I lost a lot of blood and they are actually thinking about giving me a blood transfusion today if my count doesn't increase.

Other than that, we are doing great. Jonah is so cute with lots of blonde hair. He was 8lbs 8 oz and 21 1/4 long. He loves to be held, especially by his dad. Brody is a natural with him and has probably held him more than me! We are still at the hospital and depending on how I am doing we'll most likely go home on Friday.







2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love him! He is SO handsome! Lucky parents! You look great! Hope you don't have to have a transfusion. Congrats! Keep the pics coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow congrats guys!! He looks like he is three months old! Look at those hands!He is adorable! Amazing!
    XO
    Jeryl

    ReplyDelete