Thursday, September 2, 2010

six.


Six. That's how many months I have had no sleep. How many months I have changed diapers, read stories, made bottles, cleaned bottles, picked up toys, gave baths, gave kisses, pushed a stroller, and loved someone else so much I could burst. Jonah is six months old today. I am so happy and blessed I have a healthy child who is growing, but at the same time I want to cry that he is growing up to fast. That he is already crawling around the room, no need for Mom's arms anymore. That he doesn't want to cuddle as long anymore, ready for the next activity. It's all part of the journey I know. I'll be sitting here on his first birthday soon enough wondering where the time has gone receiting this same mantra of never wanting him to grow up. But for today, I am going to hug my sweet six month old tight, smell his baby skin, enjoy every diaper change, every cry, every drooly kiss and all things baby.

Happy 1/2 Birthday Chunky - Mommy loves you to moon and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment